Wimmera Southern Mallee
The Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Partnership in central western Victoria encompasses one of the world’s great grain growing areas. It is home to many small, vibrant communities and is served by the major regional centres of Horsham and Stawell. The region has relatively low levels of unemployment and provides residents and visitors with recreational and outdoor pursuits in vast and open landscapes. It is home to some of Victoria’s iconic natural attractions, including the Grampians National Park, the Wimmera River, and major deserts, wetlands and lakes.
The Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Partnership includes the local government areas of:
- Hindmarsh Shire
- Horsham Rural City
- Northern Grampians Shire
- West Wimmera Shire
- Yarriambiack Shire
Following engagement with its community throughout 2017, the Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Partnership has developed its advice to the Victorian Government on its regional priorities.
The Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Partnership’s advice for 2017 included:
- Investment in Early Years: Support WSM children aged 0-6 to flourish
- Regional Capability Development: Ensure Local Government can operate sustainably
- Diversified Economy: Activate prosperity through Economic Diversification, with a focus on Agriculture and Tourism
- Enabling Infrastructure -Digital Connectivity: Increased access to high quality mobile and Internet connectivity
- Integrated Regional Planning: Facilitate Integrated and publicly available Regional Planning across the whole WSM region
- Regional Service Delivery: Enable Co-ordinated Regional Service Delivery
- Enabling Infrastructure- Roads & Public Transport: Increase connectivity & prosperity through improved transport infrastructure, including roads and public transport
You can find out more about the Mallee Regional Partnership’s priorities here.