The Northern Metropolitan Region is a diverse and vibrant region with inner city cultural hubs and growing outer suburbs. The region has a population of over 957,000, or about 20 per cent of Melbourne’s total population.
The Northern Metropolitan Partnership Region includes the local government areas of:
Following engagement with its community throughout 2017, the Northern Metropolitan Partnership has developed its advice to the Victorian Government on the regional priorities for the Northern Metropolitan Region.
The Northern Partnership's advice for 2017 included:
- Economic Development: A connected local economy with more jobs and improve connectivity
- Education Pathways: Improve learning and employment pathways for residents
- Environment: Improve connection to the natural environment
- Connected Young People: Empower young people in the region
- Health and Well-being: Increase access to affordable and culturally sensitive services
You can find out more about the Northern Metropolitan Partnership’s priorities here.