The Loddon Campaspe Regional Partnership in central Victoria covers an area with a diverse population and a buoyant economy based on agriculture, retail, health, property and manufacturing. Bendigo, one of Victoria’s largest and fastest growing regional cities, lies at the heart of the region and is a prosperous and vibrant hub of cultural and economic activity. Many migrant and refugee communities have settled nearby.
The Loddon Campaspe Regional Partnership includes the local government areas of:
- Campaspe Shire
- Central Goldfields Shire
- City of Greater Bendigo
- Loddon Shire
- Macedon Ranges Shire
- Mount Alexander Shire
Following engagement with its community throughout 2017, the Loddon Campaspe Regional Partnership has developed its advice to the Victorian Government on its regional priorities.
The Loddon Campaspe Regional Partnership’s advice for 2017 included:
- A Connected Region: Better transport connections with increased rail services, faster trains and reliable access to internet so their travel time can be both productive and enjoyable. The region also wants reliable internet access and connectivity.
- Health: Support communities to achieve real change in preventable health issues. Encourage more people, to be more active, more often.
- Create the Best Possible Start for Every Child: Promote the importance of reading and speaking to children in order to lay the foundations for literacy skills and help create the important bonds children need to grow.
- Supporting Youth: Our Critical Asset: Mental health issues amongst youth are on the rise, so now more than ever, they need to have supportive relationships, connection to their community and positive role models to help build resilience and grit to face the many challenges.
- A Growing Economy: The region has some very unique qualities that make it a great place to live, work and invest. Capitalise on these strengths and opportunities so that the economy thrives.
- A Great Environment to Live In: Bendigo and many other towns in the Loddon Campaspe region are surrounded by stunning natural forests. Explore better ways of interacting, using and taking care of the bush so that it can be here for future generations to enjoy and explore. See the creation of a network of regional trails across the region to support healthy and active lifestyles, appreciation of the natural environment and development of a strong tourism experience for people visiting.
You can find out more about the Loddon Campaspe Regional Partnership’s priorities here.