The Inner Metro Partnership of Melbourne extends from the Flemington Racecourse and Kensington to the coastline of Port Phillip Bay at Port Melbourne and St Kilda, taking in the inner-city suburbs of Collingwood and Richmond. The region has a population of 337,000 people, or 7.6 per cent of Melbourne’s total population.
The Inner Metro Partnership is made up of the following Local Government Areas:
Following engagement with its community throughout 2017, the Inner Metro Partnership has developed its advice to the Victorian Government on the regional priorities for the Inner Metro Region.
The Inner Metro Partnership's advice for 2017 included:
- Rough Sleeping and Affordable Housing: More support for those rough sleeping and increasing supply of affordable housing
- Aboriginal Children: Improve health and well-being, safety and educational outcomes for Aboriginal children
- Fishermans Bend Tramline: Improve connectivity to urban renewal areas to stimulate economic activity
- Innovation and Creative Economies: Retain and enhance places for local innovative and creative economies
- Environment: Ensure environmental benefits and mitigate environmental impacts
You can find out more about the Inner Metro Partnership’s priorities here.