The Eastern Metropolitan Region spans from the research hub of Monash through to the Dandenong Ranges and Yarra Valley. The region has a population of more than 900,000, or about 20 per cent of Melbourne’s total population.
The Eastern Metropolitan Partnership Region includes the local government areas of:
- Yarra Ranges
Following engagement with its community throughout 2017, the Eastern Metropolitan Partnership has developed its advice to the Victorian Government on the regional priorities for the Eastern Metropolitan Region.
The Eastern Partnership's advice for 2017 included:
- Affordable Housing: Increase supply of local affordable housing for vulnerable people and key workers
- Regional Connectivity: Improve transport connectivity throughout the region, as well as access to natural assets
- Jobs for Youth: Better employment outcomes for young people
- Integrated Health and Social Services: More integrated health and social services for those in need
- Social Inclusion: Improve social connection and well-being of residents
You can find out more about the Eastern Metropolitan Partnership’s priorities here.