Pick My Project is an Engage Victoria initiative. Engage Victoria is the Victorian Government's community consultation platform and provides an opportunity for Victorian residents to be involved in public decisions that affect them.
Pick My Project is a community grants program, with $30M available to fund local projects. Come up with a project idea, vote for your favourites and make your community an even better place to live.
Who Are We?
These Community Guidelines have been created to help Victorians participate in the Pick My Project initiative in a safe online environment.
When contributing your views and, if applicable, a project application to the Pick My Project initiative, please ensure you follow the Community Guidelines set out below.
When participating in Pick My Project please:
- Contribute constructive comments while respecting the views of other people
- Only include content, whether on the Pick My project website or in a project application, that is suitable for anyone (including young children) to view
- Ensure you have received permission to include any images or intellectual property of third parties
- Do not spam either by posting irrelevant websites or by re-posting your comment
- Post material that is relevant to the topics and issues being discussed
- Do not post overtly political comments (e.g. reference to candidates, fundraisers, support for political parties)
Content on the Pick My Project site is moderated by the Department of Premier and Cabinet in accordance with these Community Guidelines.
Notwithstanding our general right to edit or remove any content on the Pick My Project site at our sole and unfettered discretion, we may edit or remove any content submitted by a user where such content:
- vilifies others on the basis of their race or religion;
- incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others;
- may offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability;
- makes defamatory or libellous comments;
- uses insulting, obscene, provocative or hateful language; or encourages conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian federal or Victorian law
Confidentiality and privacy
Protect your personal privacy and that of others by
• not including personal information about yourself or others in your comments, (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers).
• not impersonating or falsely representing any other person, including by creating additional accounts on the service.
• not including material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
Do not post anything that contains or links to commercial activities.
Viruses and Security
- knowingly post any content containing a software virus, malware or any other software or content designed to interfere with the proper function of any of our software, hardware or equipment or that of any Pick My Project's users;
- attempt to bypass any security measures protecting Pick My Project;
- attempt to damage or gain unauthorised access to any system, data, password, or other information which belongs to us or to another person;
- attempt to access the Pick My Project source code, underlying ideas, algorithms or similar components;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our software, hardware or equipment or on that of our third-party providers; or
- use any kind of manual or automated software or device to “crawl” or “spider” any part of Pick My Project.
If you have any additional questions about Pick My Project please email us at Contact Us.